Do you have lush, flowering trees or green bushes that you’re particularly proud of in your lawn? Trees, shrubs and bushes require a great deal of care, but here at Fit Turf, we’ve developed lawn care services especially for these types of trees in the Michigan and Colorado areas. Our Fit Tree by Fit Turf program addresses some of the main concerns with trees in these two states, and we also provide year-round care to keep your trees in top shape.
Here’s everything you need to know about our Fit Tree™ service.
- In February, a Fit Tree™ Plant Health Care Specialist will come to your home to an Early Season Dormant Oil Spray, which targets dormant winter insects and prevents re-infestation for up to 60 days.
- Between March and April, after the first springtime bud break, we’ll apply our Imidacloprid Systemic and Foliar Spray 1. These provide longer lasting insect prevention.
- Around May, we’ll apply our T/S Insect and Disease Spray 2, which control a number of pests specific to Denver or Detroit and their surrounding areas (depending on where you live).
- In mid-summer, we’ll spray our T/S Insect + Mite Spray 3, which is a different type of pest-control spray that targets mites and other summer insects. These sprays are also resistant to rain, so they’re truly long-lasting.
- We’ll come back again in August to administer another T/S Insect + Mite Spray 4 to ward off pests, even during heavy rainfall.
- Between September and October, we’ll start preparing your trees and shrubs for cooler weather by administering a final T/S Insect + Mite Spray 5. At this time, we’ll also start our Fall deep root feeding, which involves adding a slow-release fertilizer with nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. This fertilizer is injected deep into the roots of the tree and is released all year long.